Translate

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Exercise Epiphany

A couple months back I ended up trying a program called BodyByVi. I was pretty stoked to start doing it to lose the extra pounds I have gained from when I was doing security. It was supposed to be a two a day meal replacement shake program. I ended up trying it out a couple weeks and thought I was doing pretty well. However a after the couple of weeks had passed, I began to feel like I wasn't making as much progress as I should be. I had my last weigh-in on a Thursday and was disappointed to see that I had not only gained everything I had lost, but also a couple more pounds.

 So I had a pity-party that whole day and then I came to an epiphany. If I wanted to lose weight, it wasn't going to come off easily. I couldn't just drink two shakes and then sit on my butt all day. To get to the goal weight I wanted I would have to work hard and push myself even when I didn't feel like it. So that's when I began running at night. I started out slow since I've never been a big exerciser, and now I have been able to get up to two miles a night. I am currently on a November 50 mile challenge. I have to run, walk, or bike 50 miles in the month of November. As of today I have done 30 miles!


******UPDATE*******
I have now been running for about three months now and I have greatly improved my time as well as how long I can run for. I have started running outdoors, as opposed to a gym. I have been training hard, because I have just signed up for my first 5K race!
 

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize that you ran THAT far every night! I am so proud of you! I know it's not easy and you are a great role model for your family! Keep it up and stay strong! I love you!

    ReplyDelete