Translate

Sunday, September 23, 2012

September 23, 2012

"Some people believe holding on and hanging in there are signs of great strength. However, there are times when it takes much more strength to know when to let go and then do it." ~ Ann Landers
Facts about quitting
 
I didn't post anything yesterday, because I couldn't really think of anything interesting to say. I've decided to write when I have some free time or have alot to say. Today happens to be one of those days. Stephen has been on a quest to quit smoking after 10 years. He started out last week with a box of the highest step nicotine patches and put the last one in the pack on Friday night. I am proud to say that as of yesterday at 2:00PM, Stephen has been cigarette and nicotine patch FREE!!!! 24 HOURS WITH NO NICOTINE!!!!! He's been using an app called Get Rich or Die Smoking and it has been helping him out a lot as well. We have saved so much money and have had a lot more energy! If anyone is reading this I ask for one thing: Please if you can leave a comment just telling Stephen good job. It doesn't matter if you read this and I don't know you, or if you're just close family. Any kind of support for him especially right now would be very much appreciated! I love you Stephen, and you're doing an AMAZING job!!
What's Going On With the Boys?
Kayleb and Riley have started on reading their ABC'S this week. They know most of the pictures on the flash cards and are learning new words every day! They are both able to speak sentences, and know basic manners like please and thank you. They went to the pool for probably the last time for this year. Kayleb went today and we had to leave because it was a little too chilly.Riley got to go to the park Thursday. He likes the slides the best, but didn't care too much for the tire swing. The other day Stephen and I walked in on Riley and Kayleb testing each other with the flash cards. When we have Riley over on another Sunday I will try and get a video of them doing it. They like to ham it up for the camera when they know you have it on, so we try to make sure we do it discreetly so they will just act like it's themselves alone. I will be posting some more pictures once I transfer them over to my computer. Happy Sunday everyone!!!

 

1 comment:

  1. Great job Stephen! I'm proud of you! Stay strong when stress and temptation test you. Not only is quitting good for you, it benefits your whole family!

    ReplyDelete